2.07.2009

Things I love...

I'm trying to think about the things I love right now because I'm trying not to think about the things I despise, such as theory!!! If ever there were a person who hated writing theory papers, it is me! So in order not to think about it, here are some things I love...

1. My husband. He has a way of balancing me. I guess it's true, opposites do attract. We couldn't be more different yet somehow it just clicks. I love him more and more each day. I think I knew when I first met him, he would be the man I would marry. Scary, since I was only 15 at the time!

2. My family. I'm so lucky to have the family that I do. My family gets a long and actually enjoys spending time together. I'm very very very lucky.

3. My dogs. Even though they drive me crazy and I sometimes want to strangle them, I love them. They make me laugh and they are good cuddlers.

4. Storms. Although my asthma doesn't exactly like storms, the rest of me does. There is something about sitting and watching a storm move in. The clouds, the change of light, the smell, the way the wind starts to blow really hard right before it hits and finally when the sky opens and the rain pours. The best part though is the rainbow afterwards. God's promise, what more do we need?

5. Cookies. My nickname should be the cookie monster, really. I don't care what kind (except lemon and double chocolate), just cookies, oh and maybe some milk with them. =)

6. Ice cream. Mmmmm. Reeses pieces and butterfinger with vanilla ice cream. Heaven on earth.

7. Blankets. Cold weather with a fire in the fireplace and a good, warm, fuzzy blanket.

8. Homemade sweet iced tea.

9. Homemade blackberry cobbler and my family's homemade rolls. They make me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside like the blanket makes me feel warm and fuzzy on the outside. =)

10. Fall. The crisp air, football, Halloween, Thanksgiving, etc. It's all GREAT!

11. Christmas. I love the reason for the season. I also love watching other people open presents. I would much rather watch other people open presents than for me to get presents. I also love buying the presents. The thought that goes behind it. Knowing the smile it will bring to whoever it's for. You can ask Luke, I buy him little presents all the time. Normally they involve ice cream or something! =)

12. Music and Books. Obviously not my theory book! Music and books appeal to my imagination and emotions.

13. The little kid that is still a part of me. I love to go swing. I love to play Luke in video games. I love getting sno cones and icees. I love Disney movies. And I love Disney World!

Okay, now I feel better. Theory will always stink but luckily it is for a short amount of time but my favorite things I love will hopefully be around a lot longer!

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

Bre, your blog looks great! I am so excited. I'm so sleep right now I don't have the energy to comment much (you posted a lot!) but wanted to let you know I saw it! I'm glad you are motivated to take more time for yourself, you need it.

Well sounds like we'll be seeing you Friday night - whoo hoo!

More later, love you.