2.22.2009

Bubble Life

I'm beginning to think I should live in a bubble for a while. Yes, I am sick again. So if any one has a spare bubble I could borrow, I would appreciate it. I'm trying to take this in stride and keep telling myself that this is God's challenge for me at this time. I have slowed down like I said I would, I'm taking my vitamins and doing everything the doctor has told me to do, so I'm thinking this is a lesson in patience. I'm okay with that. Things in my life could be a lot worse. I'm very happy to say that I'm BLESSED beyond anything I deserve.

Today in Sunday school, I had a melt down. They were asking for prayer requests and as I was asking to pray for the families of the patient's I lost this week, I burst into tears. I guess I didn't realize how much it affected me until this morning in class. No parent should have to lose their child the way the mother of my patient did the other day. I know that child is safely in the arms of God but I know that mother would give anything to have that child in her arms instead. I know I'm not a mother so I can't even begin to understand what she is going through. All I can say is I will pray for her and hope that God will ease her pain. I ask that all of you please pray for her too. And please tell your loved ones how much you love them.

Well, in addition to my melt down in class, I was very inspired. The discussion was over the last portion of James. It is talking about how prayerful we should be and how in spite of what is going on in our life, whether we are happy, sad, sinful, etc, we should pray to God. I don't pray like I should and agree with Shelly, even one liners would be better than nothing right now. Also, our discussion went perfectly with the sermon. The sermon was about challenging yourself as a Christian and finding new mountains to conquer. So my goal is to increase my prayer life and my mountain I'm going to conquer is yet to be discovered. I want badly to be involved in some sort of mission work. I realize I may not get to do this until I finish school, but I would love to do something now. If anyone has any ideas, please, I'm open to anything!

Last of all, if any one knows of a blue flower that can be used in a bouquet that is not a hydrangea, I would appreciate the tip. Random, I know. Thanks!

No comments: