4.11.2011

"The Shack"

This is quite possibly one of the most powerful books I have ever read. Not only was it able to evoke almost every emotion out of me, but it also blew my soul away. I think that as someone who grew up in the church, it has always been easy for me to believe in God and all that is in Him. However, after reading this book I realized that I have been going with the flow so to speak, rather than really living my life through God to the max!

What an eye opening experience!

To know God is in EVERYTHING!!! He is EVERYTHING! It makes your heart and soul rejoice! What a warm feeling.....so contagious.

I'm beginning to think that God gave me this time at work, waiting on credentialing, to remind me of what is really important in my life. It's like I can feel layers being peeled away. Dark, dirty, angry, hurtful layers falling away, one by one, only to be replaced by something new and fresh and invigorating! Oh what a feeling!

Ecclesiates 3:1:For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die;a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal;a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh;a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away; a time to tear, and a time to sew;a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; a time to love, and a time to hate;a time for war, and a time for peace.

I guess this is my time for breaking down and rebuilding. Here's to souls built on the rock!

No comments: