8.03.2008

Not sure about this whole adult thing...

I've decided being 4 was a lot easier than being an adult. As a 4 yr old you don't have to worry about who is going to cook dinner or do dishes. You don't have to pay bills or worry about financial things. All you have to worry about is whether or not you get to watch Sesame Street or not. I happen to miss Oscar the Grouch. He always intrigued me. In fact I have figured out a way to be Oscar for Halloween this year. I just don't know that I will be allowed to wear it at work if I have to work. I know I probably shouldn't but i love Halloween. What better holiday than one where you get to dress up to be something other than yourself and get candy for it! Besides, it always gets cold around Halloween and the summer heat is making me cranky. Did you know it is proven that the summer heat causes people to be crankier and the crime rate goes up because of it? I find that an interesting fact. It helps me in fight to prove I'm not crazy! =)
The reason I guess I am so frustrated being an adult is all the responsibility that comes with it. Our stupid dishwasher started leaking, so we called the home warranty people they told us the part we needed was about 1/2-3/4 the cost of a new dishwasher. So we bought the new dishwasher, installed it today, it worked for about 45 min then started leaking just like the old one did. Very very very frustrating. And our air conditioner hasn't turned off all day because it is sooooo freaking HOT outside. I hate to see what our electric bill is going to be. AAAGGGGHHH!!! Don't get me wrong I love my house but why do they have to be so expensive? Sorry I am venting, just frustrated.
Anyways, Luke and I had a good weekend. We went to see his grandma in Kansas and go to the fair. It was a little crazy driving with five dogs in the car! They didn't like the ride too much but handled it well. I think I was just as excited as they were to get out of the car! Anyhoo, we went to the fair on Friday night and had a pretty good time. Once again, it was so HOT outside but we still had fun. We watched the Figure 8 races and ate sno-cones. (Did you know they have a homemade ice cream flavor? It tastes just like homemade ice cream, it was great!). The Figure 8 races were fun. One guys axle broke off! I don't think I have ever seen that in any of the other races I have watched- so fun! And to top it all off, a guy in a station wagon got second place! Ha ha ha, knew those station wagons were good for something! And to end the night, we got a funnel cake-YUMMY! Saturday we worked out at luke's grandma's house all day then drove home. We were pretty tired Saturday night. Today we installed the dishwasher and we all know where that got us.
All in all a pretty good weekend minus the dishwasher. This week, I have a class in Norman for two days, then two days of work, then we leave for Branson! Pretty excited about Branson, hoping it all goes well.
Well I need to go to bed so I can go to class in the AM. Hope everyone has a good week.

-bre-

2 comments:

Shelly Collins said...

It's too late Bre, just wait until you have kids!
5 dogs in a car? Are you crazy? Since when do you have 5, were you babysitting?

I've actually enjoyed watching Sesame St. again with Wilder. It's pretty clever sometimes! So watch it!!! (9pm, OETA!)

Love Ya, Stay Cool.

Shelly Collins said...

Bre today I went to a bead store and wished you were with me. I have a gift card and don't know what to buy. Help!