8.30.2008

It's official....FOOTBALL is BACK!!!


I love this time of year. Fall is on it's way (even though we may not feel it weather wise yet), kids are back in school and bringing fundraiser packets to your door, and FOOTBALL is on the tube! I love football, probably because it is so closely related to my favorite season - fall. There is something about wearing a sweatshirt supporting your favorite team while screaming fans surround you on a cool fall day watching as Brenda Gordon would say "all those tight-ends." J/K!!! LOL LOL LOL, she is crazy. Our country is so football crazy I think it's kind of fun!


Well it's Labor Day weekend and it's the first time Luke and I have both had the entire weekend off together in 4 years. We don't have much planned seeing as I have to study for my first test for the semester but at least we have the possibility of doing something! It's also one week closer to the State Fair. =) Funnel Cake here I come! I love going to the fair not only for the food but for all the people watching too. I could sit and watch for hours and hours.


As for work, it's good. The ICU gets a little better every day and not as frustrating. I'm still not sure if I'm an ICU nurse but I'm working on getting there. I do like all of the people I work with but soon I will be the only full-time nurse on, which is a little scary! EEEKKK! Oh well, one of life's challenges that will only push me forward. I think this is where the survival of the fitest applies? Guess I will have to start working out more then. =)


Going back to this weekend...Blake and Shelly were here and it was so nice to have them here. I miss hanging out with them and goofing off. I feel like Luke and I smile more when they are around. =) We had a good time. We didn't do much but it was the time together that counted. I really wish we lived closer to each other but convincing Luke to live in Tulsa would be like pulling teeth from a grumpy bear. Probably, just not going to happen. That is okay, I love my house and I love being close to his parents and sister, so it is okay.


Well studying is calling me. Oh joy!


-bre-

3 comments:

Shelly Collins said...

Um, can you throw that picture in the trash. Wow, that's old. What is up with my hair? Yikes. We make me laugh too! Did you get my message, thank you so much for Wilder's presents, he loves them!

the soon to be skinny girl said...

Hey Bre, thanks so much for your comment. We had a great time at your house, as usual. You guys are so sweet and welcoming.

the soon to be skinny girl said...

Oops! I forgot to add that I love your new template. Looks great!