7.31.2008

finally a day off!

well today is july 31 and once again that much closer to fall. I'm very excited about this! It seems it is just getting hotter day by day and that much ickier. Soon, very soon, cool weather will come our way!
So this past week was my second week at Edmond Medical. Things are going well. I like the ICU and everyone I work with. There are only a few draw backs. One I miss everyone at OU and how familiar I was with everything. I'm just not very patient when it comes to wanting to know everything I can. I know it takes time to adjust to a new job and everything that goes with it, but I want to know it all NOW!!! LOL, I'm just like my mother! =) I also learned I will only not have to work weekends for another 4 weeks then it's back to every other weekend. I am not excited about this at all. One of the main reasons I applied for this job was the fact I knew I would not have to work weekends. Also, they "float" the ICU nurses to other areas in the hospital that are short. I don't particularly like this either. I didn't sign up to be a floor nurse, I signed up to be an ICU nurse. Now....Edmond is trying to make some changes, including hiring more nurses so maybe we won't have to float so much. They are trying to make being a full time nurse more of a benefit than any other positions they have. I do like that they are trying to make their nurses happy. It's nice to know they appreciate us.
Anyways, enough about that. It really is nice to work there. Well, school is over for the semester and I have a few weeks before I start back for the fall. Luke and I are going to be going to a few places while I have the time off to catch up with family. I'm just excited to get away for a few days!
Not much else is going on. I got a new dishwasher today and am pretty happy about not having to do dishes by hand any more! We are also watching my in-laws dogs so our house is pretty much a zoo!
Well I must go buy some water hoses. I hope you all have a good week. =)

- bre-

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

Blake and I had fun reading your blog tonight! Guess you heard he has the Shingles. You should call and make fun of him...since mainly old people get it right! Just kidding honey. On a serious note, pray this kiddos don't get chicken pox!