7.22.2008

July and one month closer to FALL!!!!

Maybe it is completely wrong but I was so excited to see July role around because that means it is one month closer to the Fall season!!! Fall is my absolute favorite time of year! I love all the leaves changing and the crisp cool air. I love being able to wear a sweatshirt and flip-flops at the same time! Oh I can't wait!!! And then of course all the fun holidays...Halloween (one of my all-time favorites), Thanksgiving (who doesn't love all that food?), Christmas (need I say more?), New Year's Eve (one because it's the ending of year and the start of a new; and Luke and I's anniversary-four years this year)!

I was also excited to see July come around because I'm starting my new job tomorrow! I'm a little nervous but also excited to see what all I can learn. Everyone I have met so far is incredibly nice. In fact today the entire group went to eat together! Crazy - I have never had this with a group of people until way after orientation. I think Edmond will be a good thing for me and for my family. I have already planned out my next four weekends because at last I don't have to work weekends! And every weekend I have planned is with family. =) I have worked weekends since I was 15. I'm not sure I will know what to do with my time!

Yesterday was my last day of school for my summer semester. It went by so quickly. I enjoyed the class for the most part except that it did have to do with healthcare policy and politics. Not exactly my favorite subject. I did learn a lot though, which is good since that is the reason I'm going back to school. My next semester starts on August 18 and I will be taking Pathophysiology and Advanced Nursing Theory. I can't wait for pathophys. I LOVE anatomy and physiology!!! Not too excited about the nursing theory but oh well.

Since school is over and I'm finally getting on the unit at Edmond, I will be able to have a little free time for a while....so.....Luke and I will be going to the county fair in Winfield (great little fair) and to Branson with his family the second week in August. I can't wait to get out of town for a weekend or two. I will also get to see my family this weekend and the weekend of Wilder's second birthday. I can't believe my little wildman is going to be 2! And my little gwyni is going to be 1! CRAZY!

Well I had better get to bed since I have a full 12 hour day ahead of me in a brand new unit! Hope we all survive this nasty heat. Remember we are one month closer to Fall! yahoo! Have a good one!

- bre -

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

Cute pics! (I could be a little bias). Good to see you this weekend. I'm glad you like your new job.