11.09.2009

The leaves are falling....

tonight is my third test in one of my classes...only one more to go (at least in that class, three total)! I don't think I have ever anticipated a Christmas break so much!!!
The leaves are falling outside and I haven't decided if that makes me excited for the much anticipated Christmas break, or sad to see such fleeting beauty. It's mixed emotions. Christmas is by far my favorite holiday but I think I would have to agree with Paula Deen, Thanksgiving is the real family holiday. There are not gifts involved to spoil the true meaning of the holiday. There may be loads of food but no one really intends to mess with the traditions we have all come to love about Thanksgiving. This will be my 6th Thanksgiving to work. I'm beginning to think that is a tradition in and of itself. I like working on Thanksgiving simply because the unit is normally a little less hectic. It gives me time to go spend time with my patients and realize how blessed and thankful I am. And of course all the cranberry sauce!
Even though it's early, I would like to share all the things I am thankful for this season:
1. My God and Savior who love me unconditionally and gave the utmost sacrifice for me!
2. My husband who also loves me unconditionally (along with my dogs =) )
3. My family who also loves me unconditionally (at least I'm pretty sure they do).
4. A roof over my head that is not just a house but a home filled with warmth, love and joy.
5. My faith...this is something no one can ever take from me.
6. My education...yet again, something that can never be taken from me.
7. My health....because any day it can be taken away from me.
8. My friends....because they aren't required to love and accept me like family but they do by choice.
9. All those things that make you feel warm and fuzzy inside.
10.Moose, bears, and dogs...just because. =)

well it's almost test time and I had better go repeat my test taking ritual, yes just a little OCD, but it helps with the test anxiety. Blessed to all!

1 comment:

Shelly Collins said...

Amen sister. Never hurts to count our blessings right? I can't wait for Christmas this year. Probably because I've never had two weeks off during off Christmas!! Also can't wait to get my new Christmas tree out. (I heard about yours too btw)! Sorry I missed out on the shopping trip Saturday. Maybe I can go after Thanksgiving. Blake said I could since he's going to the Bedlam Game. I'm thining of Gainsville, but don't now if that's the plan or not.

See you soon. Glad you're feeling better.

Love S