6.28.2011

Rainy days....

I love rainy days. Love love love love them! Today I woke up to the sound of thunder (and to my in-laws new puppy, but that's beside the point) and I thought "no, that can't be thunder." Oh but it was. Thank you Lord it was!!! We are so desperately in need of rain right now in our state it's not funny any more. Unfortunately we still have at least 2 if not 3 very hot, very dry months ahead of us. But today was a nice reprieve. Maybe God knew I couldn't take much more sun and hotness and blessed us with this wonderful rain. The rain makes me ache for fall. As you all know fall is my favorite time of year. I can't wait to pick up pumpkins for decoration and feel the cool crisp air surrounding me. If I sit back, close my eyes and think about really hard I can sometimes forget how much I don't like summer! It's not that summer is a bad season, it's just really not my favorite. But thank God for rainy days to remind me that summer is just a season and not a lifetime! Hallelujah!!!

No comments: